Bangkok Christian International School
Personal Data Protection Act ( PDPA ) Policy
Source of Your Personal Data
The personal data was directly provided by you, either from the following sources or from other information you provided such as, school application or registration forms, enquiry forms, other School services related forms, previous qualification related documents and/or certificates, Previous educational institutions, law enforcement agencies and other government entities, and data which may be collected from cookies, applications or forms through the School’s website and the third party service providers that the school uses such as the FACTS link on the school website.
What Personal Data Do We Process?
The School needs to collect and process your child’s and your personal data for various academic, educational and administrative purposes. Generally, the personal data that we collect and process, includes but is not limited to:
- Identification number
- Passport number
- Contact numbers
- Personal email address
- Photo and images
- Student’s Gender
- Date of birth
- Previous qualifications
- Parents’/guardian’s marital status
- Emergency contact person(s) details
- Billing-related information
Sensitive Personal Data
Some of the personal data that we collect and process may include what is defined as ‘sensitive personal data’ under the Act and these include, but are not limited to:
- Records of misconduct and disciplinary action
- Records of criminal offence
- Family court orders
This sensitive information shall be treated carefully by the School and will only be used for specific purposes. It will not be released to a third party without your explicit consent, unless it is necessary to protect your vital interests.
If the personal data is necessary to initiate any matter with the School, and you refuse to provide the personal data to the School, then the School will not be able to proceed any further with your matter, including but not limited to performing any school processing, materials or technology used for education and employment.
How Do We Use Our Personal Data
The purpose for which personal data is collected and further processed includes, but is not limited to the following:
- For processing applications for admission and employment,
- For usage in academic and non-academic activities as well as school events,
- For managing the use of facilities such as the library, Science and other laboratories,
- For usage in administrative support, counseling, and guidance services,
- For usage in administering graduation and alumni related events,
- For processing tuition fees and school payments,
- For communication with students and parents on announcements,
- For processing for relevant local or international statutory authorities Office of the Private Education Commission ( OPEC ) or exam boards, usage for college board,
- For caring for the medical needs of students and staff including providing information to the hospital for reference.
- For contacting student’s parent or guardian in the case of emergency
- For security CCTV or security related requirements
- For ID cards and the Cashless system.
- For using the technology or technological services of any kind in the school in all and any other ancillary purposes relating to our provision of service e.g., the supply of computers, iPads, etc.
- For use in the third party service providers that the school uses such as FACTS, Google Workspace, and other google app services, and other service that the school uses for education such as Seesaw, IXL, Khan academy, Adobe software products, Microsoft software products, Quizizz, Kahoot, Edmodo, Google Expeditions, Right Now Media, iMovie, PicsArt, Ibis Paint X for editing their digital work, Nearpod, and the like.
- publishing companies, photo-taking companies, and any other future third parties in relation or incidental to the above
- For telecommunications and communication in school, on the school website, school social media, student achievement board in front of school, and other school announcement or marketing means
- For any other purposes related to the smooth and successful operation of the school
Rights to Access and Data Subject’s Obligation
You have the right to access and/or correct your personal information held by the School by following school protocols. We will attempt to keep your records complete, accurate and up-to-date. If you have any reason to believe that your records with us are inaccurate, incomplete or not updated, please notify the School in a timely manner. If you wish to request access to, or to correct data held by the School, or withdraw your consent to the data processing/use of your personal data by us, please forward your request to the Admissions department at:
Bangkok Christian International School DPO
53 Soi 44 Pattanakarn Road, Suanluang, Bangkok 10250, Thailand
Email: BCIS.DPO@bcis.ac.th Phone: +66 (0) 2-322-1979
Any request to exercise your rights shall be administered as per the Act. Please be informed that pursuant to the Act, your request may be rejected in certain circumstances.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Bangkok Christian International School will keep your personal data confidential unless you have given the written consent to such disclosure.
This Policy may be reviewed and amended from time to time. We will communicate such changes along with the updated Policy on the School website (www.bcis.ac.th), and/or through other appropriate communication means as may be determined by the School. Parents and students are advised to visit the School website on a regular basis to check for any updates or changes in this Notice. Bangkok Christian International School, reserves the right to charge you an administrative fee for processing any data access request if need be.
Updated August 2022